Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Another day, another profession

I've thought about becoming many things in my life.  The one thing I've never been is one thing.  Everyday is a race against a clock that is counting down to catastrophe.  If I work hard enough, then there is a chance to stop the disaster.  The only thing is, catastrophe promises to come in every form.

Deadly viruses, economic collapse, nuclear war, peace, asteroids!

So, in order to save the world, I must study biochemistry, economics (pseudoscience!), mathematics, military tactics, diplomacy, astrophysics.

I don't think this way regularly, but when I do, there is a sincere obligation to meet these goals.  "That's impossible," many reply.  However, at times, this belief is not only possible but inevitable.  It is my only destiny, because I have yet to meet any other human with the same conscience for their species, their planet, their World.


No comments:

Post a Comment